Apr 21, 2012

Baju Kurung

Posted By Snow at 4/21/2012
Fashion! OK, I do love wearing lovely dresses. But not enough to make a fashion blog. Mmmm... Still... today... I think I'll showcase the traditional malay dress - baju kurung!


This cut is the closest to the original baju kurung.
It's 2 pieces - (1) the long sleeve dress and (2) the long skirt.
The waistline is straight. It should be loose, & not sheer. [Q24:31]

It is complemented with the headscarf [Q33:59, QA dress]
So these are some headscarf styles

Sorry... (.◠-◠.) I can't wear dresses for pride or extravagance. [SB7.72.674] I like to look nice, but it should simply be about being presentable. [Q7:31-32, AD32.4052] I should cover, and the raiment of righteousness, that is the best. [Q7:26]

& Islam enjoins clothing the needy. ماشاء الله
"...So whoever has a brother under his command should feed him of what he eats and dress him of what he wears...." - Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) [SB1.2.30]
BTW when I'm ill I love wearing white. [AD28.3869]

............................................................
.................................................................................

Traditional Malays


Hijabis


Abaya

Private Fashion

0 comments on "Baju Kurung"

Welcome
Peace be upon you


Chirps




Pls forgive me if any


♥ 2009-2014 Lovely Memoir ♥
Q Quran . SB Sahih Bukhari . SM Sahih Muslim . AD Abu Dawood . AN An Nasai . IM Ibn Majah . MM Muwatta Malik